Friday, March 12, 2010

Footnotes.

Bud is an 8' Trinka dinghy that under my command will be rowed to and from Rose (Rose.......Bud, get it?), but under the command of my grandson, sailed on venturesome voyages. Rose will remain under construction through this spring and summer so Bud and Whisper will stand in as seamanship and sail trim teachers. I expect them both to be unforgiving taskmasters.

Only a scant few years after inheriting a huge family fortune a local reporter found young down and out Ritchie in a homeless shelter.
"What in the world did you spend all that money on"? he asked.
"I spent most of it on women and whiskey; the rest of it I just wasted".  Yuk.

I am only 3 for 14 on my month old  "to do list".   The Aerogel insulation material is in.  I will use the 5mm for the inside of the hull and layer the 10 mm to build the icebox lid. The galley sink has been exchanged for the proper size version and the two new water tanks are ready to install. I think the pace will quicken once Juan finds port and starboard symetry in the main cabin.

Neil Young is selling his boat.  Not rigged for single handing but looks like he has full standing headroom down below.

No comments: