Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Progess

Sucks, actually. I thought furniture would be finished by the end of this month. Looks like mid February now. Juan is great carpenter and fiber glass hand but I should stop telling everyone how good he is. The goal is to keep him on my boat not send him more work. I'll sing his praises after he finishes. Anyway, he only lacks main shelves in the forward cabin to have all the furniture structure roughed-in. Then I can power wash, detail clean and wipe dry the entire interior. Once that project is complete we will declare a two month moratorium on all below deck sanding so we can paint hull interior and inside of cabinetry. Then wiring and plumbing can start in earnest.

I hope I will be splashing the boat by September but I don't want to leave the shed early. I want to get as much done as possible before going in the water. Once in the water I will take her to Lakewood (floating docks!). I estimate another three months getting her dressed up for a christening party.

1 comment:

Stewart said...

I know the feeling Dave, but she sure is coming along, its gonna be slow. If you can afford it get them to do as much as possible. is my suggestion, cos everything takes so long.